Sunday, May 18, 2008

Kahunda Church.
Lunch time at the school. The old dining hall burnt down many years ago and they lack funds to build a new one. Even the cookhouse (which is the building here) is pretty shabby and in need of renovation.
The headmaster, Joseph Kunyume (red shirt), Me, and Yona, the Junior headmaster and English teacher (my Mentor here).
The pride and joy of Kahunda Secondary School. At least my pride and joy. The muram is a treat to play on, you never know which way the ball might bounce.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jonny said...

Hello Doug,
My name is Jonny I'm from Leicestershire in England. I will be on a gap year with AIM from September, to Kahunda in Tanzania, is this the same place as in your blog?
Its been fantastic to read your blog and look at the amazing pictures.
It would be great to hear back from you.
Thank you.
Jonny
my email address is jonathanoglesby@hotmail.com