Monday, April 28, 2008

We got about 2 feet from this leapord thanks to our tour guide.
Forget the name and species of this animal. It lost a horn in a big fight and was, apparently, raised by a lioness after its parents were killed. I never asked if its parents were killed by the lioness, just thought of that now.
Our tour guide thought that his friends in the cheetah department wouldn't mind letting us pet the cheetah. Right before entering I remembered an Oprah episode where people with large tame cats were mauled beyond recognition because - moral of the story - you can't take the wild out of some animals. That is why I look terrified and ready to bolt. I did not enjoy this.
Again, if Oprah is right about most books she could be right about large cats.
p.s. I never got a good look at the cheetah's face till blogging this, but it actually looks like it is drugged. hmmm.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: